- Provide daily practical needs-based support to individuals with AS / Asperger Syndrome within the unit and contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming and caring residential environment.
- Assist in the day-to-day care and supervision of residents within the home including engaging with them in activities such as housework, maintenance of clothing, cooking and personal care (promoting independence and autonomy in so far as possible)
- Actively encourage resident’s participation in the community, and facilitate outing, trips and links with local groups and clubs. Facilitate weekly resident meetings to encourage resident participation in decision making and household happenings.
- Carry out key working duties in relation to assigned resident, including supporting resident in setting realistic and practical goals, supporting them in the implementation of these goals, scheduling and facilitating monthly key working meetings, liaising with relevant professionals, ensuring that medical and psychological needs of resident are met and delegating key working tasks to social care staff, where necessary.
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness of residential setting at all times, and ensure that all procedures relating to safe food practices and infection control be carried out and documented.
- Maintain folders, written reports, risk assessments and complete daily paperwork.
- Follow medication administration procedures, ensuring medication is administered using the 10 rights of medication administration. Ensure documentation procedures are followed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure scripts are filled and medications are checked before being signed in or out. Report any poor practice to Social Care Manager and complete a Medication Error Report, where necessary.
- Report on any incidents that occur and bring them to the attention of on-call immediately and the Social Care Manager when available. Complete follow up paperwork, where necessary.
- Adhere to Health & Safety standards of Aspire by following procedures of the residential unit and documentation of same, and ensure that the health and safety of each service user and other staff is central to day-to-day activities.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, regulations (in particular HIQA Framework), Employee Handbook, and working practices of Aspire.
- Participate in and where required, facilitate regular team meetings, communicate progress and challenges of key working process to team.
- Attend any training in line with Aspires Training Needs Analysis.
- Have an understanding of theory and practice in the delivery of the residential service.
- The capacity to plan and manage resources in an effective and resourceful manner. The ability to manage self in a lone working environment including the ability to prioritize workloads
- Able to utilise technology and has a working knowledge of SharePoint
- Higher education to social care degree (or similar) level
- Essential: Previous experience of day to day managing of administrative tasks
- Essential: Previous experience of working harmoniously with leadership qualities
- A highly self-motivated team player, with sound organisational skills;
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills, so that staff will respond appropriately to requests;
- An effective verbal and written communicator with high attention to detail;
- Able to show excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Able to work on own initiative with multidisciplinary skills including both care and administrative;
- Able to display attention to detail and vigilance;
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants to send up to date CV to: (email@example.com)
- Part Time / Full time
- Location Ballinteer, Dublin 16.
Rate of Pay:
- 14.10 Per Hour