|JOB TITLE: Business Development and Mentoring Manager|
|REPORTS TO: CEO|
|CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent -part time|
|HOURS: 19.5H per week- hybrid work model|
At Aspire we operate a family inclusive model and aim to support and assist both the autistic individual and their support network. We advocate on behalf of autistic people and provide them with the tools to advocate for themselves. We manage a residential service, where we assist individuals in gaining independent living skills. We provide supported employment through our social enterprise. We operate a person centred model and support community engagement. This is an exciting time to join a growing organisation. Further details – https://aspireireland.ie/.
To drive business success through support of the ASD community across Ireland, providing a fulfilling and empowering work experience for our staff and volunteers, many of whom have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or Autism.
Are you an experienced Business Development and Mentoring Manager seeking a challenging and exciting opportunity within the charity sector? Aspire social enterprise is part of the Aspire charity and is seeking a Manager to oversee day to day operations, leading and managing the team in navigating the new direction of the social enterprise.
The successful candidate will have a solid record in business development and strategic planning, with the demonstrated ability to build a plan, refine the offer and proposition of Aspire social enterprise, and use their business development and networking skills to target and secure new business and clients in the public, private and community sectors.
The Aspire social enterprise team consists of a talented cohort of media graduates with a diagnosis of Autism, and as such we are seeking an empathetic leadership style that is patient and caring, but also curious with a high level of understanding (or interest in gaining understanding) of Asperger Syndrome/Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). As the Manager of this social enterprise, the successful candidate will be passionate about a fulfilling and empowering work experience for our employees.
We are passionate about the cause and relentless in our drive to support those within the ASD community to thrive – this role requires an individual who shares that passion and will advocate for our members and staff.
- Assessing the performance of the enterprise against goals and strategic plans. Preparing monthly reports with progress against goals. Adaptive and flexible, able to re-prioritise as necessary.
- Developing an internal portfolio of high-quality work, reflective of agreed client brief and scope, within budget and time restrictions.
- Demonstrating effective leadership to guide, support and manage the team from conception through to delivery of work, as well as promotional material, website design and ongoing community and client engagement.
- Managing the productions and volunteers team, including recruitment and selection, performance management and ongoing support and development.
- Identifying funding opportunities, applying for grants and submitting returns to funders.
- Record management including internal record systems, volunteer records, and client master spreadsheets. Financial management including developing and implementing budgets with the CEO
- Assisting in supporting social inclusion by providing social engagement opportunities to the autistic community.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Genuine passion for supporting the autism community.
- Degree or similar in social care, business, sales, social enterprise, management, marketing, project manager.
- Strong authentic leadership ethos, with a passion for employee engagement, innovation, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to adapt work environment and communication style to meet the needs of our community and staff members.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and successfully securing new business, key relationship management, and engagement with the community.
- Experience working with a diverse range of employees preferred, with a passion for diversity and inclusion essential. Knowledge or, or interest in developing knowledge of ASD ideal.
Ability to be flexible – Weekly hours are entirely flexible and depend on business development opportunities and meetings, mentoring requirements, and other reasonable responsibilities within the role.
ASPIRE is proudly an equal opportunities employer