|JOB TITLE: Chief Executive Officer|
|REPORTS TO: Board of Directors|
|CONTRACT TYPE: Maternity Leave Cover (9 – 12mths)|
|HOURS: 39 hours p/w – hybrid work model|
At Aspire we operate a family inclusive model and aim to support and assist both the autistic individual and their support network. We advocate on behalf of autistic people and provide them with the tools to advocate for themselves. We manage a residential service, where we assist individuals in gaining independent living skills. We operate a person centred model and support community engagement. This is an exciting time to join a growing organisation. Further details – https://aspireireland.ie/.
To drive business success through support of the ASD community across Ireland, providing a fulfilling and empowering work experience for our staff and volunteers, many of whom have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or Autism.
We are passionate about the cause and relentless in our drive to support those within the ASD community to thrive – this role requires an individual who shares that passion and will advocate for our members and staff. Ideally suited to an ambitious senior manager looking to step up in their development journey.
- Operational – overseeing the day-to-day operations of the charity across all services and programmes ensuring the delivery of high quality services to clients, with a key focus on securing funding (or initiating fundraising activities) as well as social enterprise operations in line with budget & timeframes
- Leadership – motivating and leading staff and volunteers to achieve aims and objectives of the organization
- Planning – setting the annual strategic plan to factor in target market, strategic direction, funding opportunities and team capability. Developing and implementing strategic direction and operational proposals and plans of the organization
- Financial – securing/managing funding required to carry out activities. Preparation/monitoring of budgets & operational costs and maintaining records for the Annual Financial Report
- Business/Charity Development – Identifying new opportunities for Aspire Social Enterprise client business, building key relationships and networking to build the brand as necessary. Providing strategic proposals to the Board to promote such services, gain Director support and approval as necessary.
- Human Resources – overseeing the recruitment and management of Volunteers and Staff. Carrying out key HR activities in line with legislative/compliance standards and requirements. Maintaining records and ensuring accuracy of information in line with GDPR. Management of any IR/ER issues as required
- Compliance – ensuring adherence to legal and statutory responsibilities. Preparing reports and returns on behalf of or for the attention of, the Board of Directors. Policy/procedure review & updating in line with legislative/legal requirements
- Public Relations – represent the work of the organisation in a positive manner by building relationships with clients, the public, our stakeholders, media, relevant agencies and charities and officials
- Communication – Assessing the performance of the enterprise against goals and plans. Providing regular reports to the board with progress against goals. Addressing key issues to the board and identifying risks and appropriate mitigation strategies and plans
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to carry out other duties which may reasonably be assigned by The Board of Directors.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Genuine passion for supporting the autism community and driving the objectives of the business through real and effective programmes and services
- Minimum of 2yrs Senior Manager or CEO experience with sound financial acumen and high emotional intelligence
- Good understanding of HSE funded Residential Centre operations preferred
- Degree or similar in social care, psychology, social work etc., preferred
- Higher certification or qualification in management/business or leadership desirable
- Ability to anticipate board requirements and best practice initiatives to drive business success
- Solid understanding of Social Enterprise operations ideal, with a strong background in new business development and brand awareness / growth
- Strong authentic leadership ethos, with a passion for employee engagement, innovation, diversity and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to adapt work environment and communication style to meet the needs of our community and staff members
- Ability to be flexible – must be able to attend frequent appointments outside of home office including visits to the Residential Unit (Ballinteer, Dublin 16) where required
ASPIRE is proudly an equal opportunities employer